Latest News

  • New Meeting Format

    We’ve changed the format of our General meetings to include regular guest speakers and a Club Profile by one of our delegates about their club. All motorcyclists are welcome to attend the MCC's...

  • Helmet Laws

    On 11th December 2015 the use of helmets meeting International Helmet standard UN ECE 22.05 became legal for use in NSW. For more information click here

  • Cameras on Helmets

    The use of cameras on motorcycle helmets is now legal in the ACT provided that the mount is “frangible”. ACT Legislative Instrument The NSW Centre for Road Safety is undertaking another round of...

  • Increased Penalties for Phone Use While Driving

    Mobile phone offences have been added to double demerit periods. Also, an additional demerit point will be added to the existing standard penalty of three points. For more info Know The Rules

  • Historic Registration Rules

    On 4th September 2015 Duncan Gay, the Minister for Roads announced a new additional Historic Registration scheme (Classic Vehicle Scheme) to run along side the existing scheme. Download from the link ...

  • Putty Road and Oxley Highway Emergency Phone Locations

    The MCC has put together a pamphlet outlining the location of Emergency Phones along the Putty Road. A pamphlet is in preparation for the recently installed phones on the Oxley Highway. For more...

  • Lane Filtering legalised

    On 1st July 2014, lane filtering was legalised in NSW. The MCC of NSW has fought for this legalisation for many years. For more details click here

  • About M.A.R.I.

    A brief history of M.A.R.I.

Make A Change

There are different levels of Government and different ways of letting them know what you think.

Every citizen is entitled to have their views known and is perfectly entitled to contact any politician.

Write to a Minister about something in their portfolio. Also consider writing to their Opponent or Shadow Minister.

Write to a Local Member. Either YOUR Local Member or the Member where - for instance - a road or hazard needs attention.

Roads are "owned" ether by RMS (not many, usually the main highways) or they are "owned" by the local Council.

First, find out who has responsibility and then write to them.

For most impact, write a respectful letter pointing out what needs to be done or not done. Then send it snailmail. Yes. Actual paper in an envelope with a stamp!

Include your name and address because they will often check to see if you are on the Electrol Roll. (If you're not, they know you can't vote for them...)

Road Hazard Reporting

See the MCC Motorcycle Safety page on Hazard Reporting HERE