The following questions were answered by some before the final round, in which case, their answers were different to these here. Those correct at time of entry were righfully included. Our competition judge was impressed!
- Who is currently leading the BMW award for best qualifier in 2006. Nicky Hayden
- How many pole position has this rider had? One
- How many World champions have there been since the introduction of the MotoGP era (990cc machines)? Two
- Name them? Nicky Hayden, Valentino Rossi
- Who is coming 3rd in the teams championship in 2006? Ducati Marlboro (356 points)
- Who has the 2nd highest number of wins in 2006? 3 wins each to Marco Melandri and Loris Capirossi
- Who was the rider killed at Suzuka in 2003? Daijiro Kato
- What was his number? 74
- Which current rider now wears his (Q.8’s) number (in addition to his own) on his leathers? Sete Gibernau
- At Which Grand Prix did Yamaha change to the big bang MotoGP engine? Welkom, South Africa, 2004
- How many Australians have been on Pole Position during the MotoGP era? Two, Casey Stoner – 1, Chris Vermuelen – 2
- Name Rossi’s team mates in the MotoGP era (990cc) Tohru Ukawa – 2002, Nicky Hayden – 2003, Carlos Checa -2004, Colin Edwards – 2005, 2006
- What is the name of Rossi’s Dog? Guido
- How many Premiere class world Championships has Jeremy Burgess won as Chief engineer? ELEVEN !, Gardner – 1, Doohan – 5, Rossi – 5 (he’s a god)
- How many races have Ducati won in MotoGP? Seven (2003-1, 2004-0, 2005-2, 2006-4)
- What bike did current MotoGP team mates Rossi and Edwards pair up to ride in the Suzuka 8 hour? Team Cabin Honda VTR 1000 SP-W
- Where did they finish in that race? First Place
- Who was the rider that Rossi overtook under a yellow flag in 2003 when he famously went on to win despite a 10 second penalty? Marco Melandri
- What do the letters “WLF” mean on Rossi’s leathers? “Viva La Figa” (loosely translated to “long live pussy”)
- How many valve springs in bike No. 71 none, Vermuelen’s Suzuki uses pnuematics like F1 cars
- Email your answers alongside the number of each question
- Include your name, address and telephone number
- Entry is subject to conditions as noted below
Entries close at 4pm on Wednesday 15 November 2006
Entries are to be submitted by email ONLY.
If your email fails to arrive by 4pm on 15 November 2006, that is your problem, not ours. We will not take responsibility for, or even take account of problems in email systems, whether they are yours, ours, or belong to someone else.
Correct entries (as solely determined by our judge) will be placed in a draw to be held at 2pm on Saturday 19 November 2006 at the Sydney Motorcycle Show
- The judges decision is final for correctness of answer. No correspondence will be entered into. I said no correspondence. Our judge is opinionated and will be deemed correct even if they say Biaggi is nice.
No personal details will be retained, other than those of the winner. If you don’t identify your entry, we can’t contact you. It’s a fair deal.
The winner will be advised by email and by posting their name to this website. It is up to the winner to respond and claim your prize by suitably dentifying themselves. If the winner is at the Show at the time of the draw, they should make themselves known to the MCC stand and be able to produce an identical copy of their entry.
Delivery will be ONLY to an address in NSW. We are the Motorcycle Council of NSW, servicing NSW, for NSW riders. We are not a pan-galactic organisation.
- Prizes not claimed by 30 November 2006 will be returned