The MCC of NSW has a long history of successful lobbying on behalf of individual motorcyclists. A number of those achievements of the MCC of NSW are listed below.
- Lane filtering
- Free & improved parking for motorcycles in the Sydney CBD
- Annual Motorcycle Awareness Week
- Reversed legislation on exhaust labelling
- Put a hold on the introduction of front number plates.
- Increased advertising from the RTA for motorcycle awareness.
- Obtained seats on the joint Motor Accidents Authority / MCC committee to improve motorcycle safety
- Obtained representation on the Helmets Australian Standards Committee
- Obtained representation, through the Australian Motorcycle Council,
- Obtained representation on the Road Barriers Australian Standards Committee
- Reviewed LTCS & CTP Green Slips for motorcycles and now working to reduce the costs.
- Worked with various councils to fund and produce motorcycle advisory brochures for roads in their areas.
- Helped drive national issues by being part of the Australian Motorcycle Committee (AMC)
- Conducted helmet studies with the UNSW
- Instrumental in the reintroduction of a mentoring program for motorcyclists.
More detail on key past achievements is available below.