Motorcycles have the advantage of reducing congestion and pollution, yet they continue to be ignored in transport plans.
Exclusion from Planning has lead to a number of “symptoms” in NSW.
- Inappropriate Toll Charges
- Lack of funding for road safety
- Endorsing negative community attitudes
- Assumptions about riders
- Assumptions about road safety
- Ignoring an environmentally viable transport option
The MCC of NSW works to establish liaison with Local and State Government, and with the Australian Motorcycle Council at Federal Government level, to fight for inclusion on Transport Policy.
Progress can be seen with the release of the City of Sydney Transport Policy which, for the first time, included specific planning around motorcycles and scooters. This Transport Policy reflected the acknowledgement of the Sydney City Council of the congestion, environmental and parking benefits that motorcycles offer.